When you facebook sign up an account, you either enter your mobile phone number or email address.
By default, your number on facebook is set to public which means that every facebook user can see it once they land on your facebook newsfeed.
However, if you don’t want your phone number to be public you can hide it or remove it from facebook completely.
Interestingly, this article is all about how to remove mobile phone number from facebook.
So if you are looking for a guide on how to take your phone. How to remove a phone number from facebook is very simple and easy.
Below is the step by step guide on how to remove your cellphone number from facebook using your mobile phone and personal computer.
Let’s dive into the process right away!!!
Remove Your Number From Facebook App On mobile
First off, you’ll need to open the Facebook app by tapping on on your device and select Settings & Privacy from the main drop-down menu.
Select Settings and then Personal Information, which brings up your name, email address, and phone number.
Click Remove in the phone number field, which will prompt you to re-enter your Facebook password and then click Remove Phone in order to confirm the change. Look out for a confirmation email.
To remove your phone number from Facebook on your desktop, go to Settings under the main drop-down menu.
Choose Your Facebook Information, and then choose View under Access Your Information.
From there, go to Personal Information and choose Your Contact Information, where you’ll see your mobile phone number(s).
Click Remove, and then Remove Phone when you’re asked if you’re sure.
In conclusion, to remove your cellphone number from facebook, do the follow:
- Log in to your Facebook account on your mobile device
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon that appears at the top right side corner. Then select Facebook profile page.
- Tap on About and then on Contact info.
- Tap on Edit to remove the phone number from your Facebook profile
- Your phone number will be listed under Mobile phones. You can tap on “Remove mobile phones in Account Settings”. Then select “Remove” in registered phones.
- Facebook will ask you to confirm if you really want to remove your phone number from your account. In order to proceed, you will need to enter your Facebook password and press Remove Phone.
- You will receive a confirmation code that you will need to enter. Once the confirmation code is entered, your phone number will be removed from Facebook. As you can see, the process is very simple and it will be very helpful if you prefer not to have your phone number linked to your Facebook account.
It is important to note here that even if you’ve tried to remove your phone number from the Facebook app and it appears successful, you might want to also check from a desktop if the number is still there, as it was after I thought I had deleted it from my mobile.
Either way, you try to delete it, you should receive a confirmation email if you’re successful.
That is it on How to Delete Your Phone Number from Facebook.
I hope this article was helpful.
Please share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!