YouTube Login – How to Delete Your YouTube Account – Close YouTube Account: Are you here because you are in search of a guide on How to Delete a YouTube Account? If you answered yes, here is a comprehensive and straight to the point tutorial on how to delete your youtube account fast and easily.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, you will see how to use your pc and smartphone to delete your account on youtube fast and immediately. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
How to delete a youtube account is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed to the tutorial on how to delete youtube, let’s briefly take a look at what yiutube is all about.
What Is YouTube?
YouTube is an American online video-sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California. Three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—created the service in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
YouTube allows users to upload, view, rate, share, add to playlists, report, comment on videos, and subscribe to other users. It offers a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media videos. Available content includes video clips, TV show clips, music videos, short and documentary films, audio recordings, movie trailers, live streams, and other content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational videos.
Most content on YouTube is uploaded by individuals, but media corporations including CBS, the BBC, Vevo, and Hulu offer some of their material via YouTube as part of the YouTube partnership program. Unregistered users can only watch (but not upload) videos on the site, while registered users are also permitted to upload an unlimited number of videos and add comments to videos. Videos that are age-restricted are available only to registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old.
YouTube and selected creators earn advertising revenue from Google AdSense, a program which targets ads according to site content and audience. The vast majority of its videos are free to view, but there are exceptions, including subscription-based premium channels, film rentals, as well as YouTube Music and YouTube Premium, subscription services respectively offering premium and ad-free music streaming, and ad-free access to all content, including exclusive content commissioned from notable personalities.
As of February 2017, there were more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, and one billion hours of content being watched on YouTube every day. As of August 2018, the website is ranked as the second-most popular site in the world, according to Alexa Internet, just behind Google. As of May 2019, more than 500 hours of video content are uploaded to YouTube every minute. Based on reported quarterly advertising revenue, YouTube is estimated to have US$15 billion in annual revenues.
YouTube has faced criticism over aspects of its operations, including its handling of copyrighted content contained within uploaded videos, its recommendation algorithms perpetuating videos that promote conspiracy theories and falsehoods, hosting videos ostensibly targeting children but containing violent or sexually suggestive content involving popular characters, videos of minors attracting pedophilic activities in their comment sections, and fluctuating policies on the types of content that is eligible to be monetized with advertising.
This article is all about How to Delete Your YouTube Account – Close YouTube Account.
So if you want to delete youtube account, continue reading below:
Every Youtube account owner can easily delete their account. However, it is important to bear in mind that when you delete your YouTube account, you only get rid of your videos but don’t necessarily delete your comments you made on the social networking site
If you want to delete everything concerning your information on youtube,
you will need to delete your entire Google account. Follow the below steps to figure out how to delete your youtube account.
Deleting Your YouTube Account On Mobile App
Follow the steps to delete your YouTube content and data using the YouTube app.
- First off, you will need to launch your mobile phone and tap on the YouTube app in your phone menu
- Now, locate and tap on your account at the top right corner of the youtube app
- Next, locate and tap on the Manage your Google Account option
- Now, you will need to tap on the Account preferences option
- On the next page that appears, tap on the Delete Google services. Once you do that, you will be asked to sign in to your account to verify you are the rightful owner of the account.
- To continue with the account deletion process, choose the delete button that appears beside YouTube. Again, you may be asked to sign in to your account for verification.
- If you still want to continue with the deletion activities, tap I want to permanently delete my content. If however, you are not ready to delete your account at the moment, you will need to select I want to hide my channel so that your YouTube activity and content are set to private.
- Now, check the box to confirm to Google that you understand what is being deleted
- Lastly, tap Delete My Content.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily delete your youtube account using your mobile app.
Bear in mind that the process if permanent and can’t be reverse. Having outlined that, let’s continue with the steps you need to delete your youtube account using your personal computer.
How To Delete Your YouTube Account On Web
If you are using your personal computer to access the youtube website, you can follow the below guide to see how to delete your youtube account.
- Visit YouTube.com in your browser and login your account
- Next, you will need to choose your user account icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose View or change your Google account settings in the Google account section.
- Choose Manage your data & personalization in the Privacy & personalization section.
- Navigate down the page to Download, delete or make a plan for your data section and select Delete a service or your account.
- Choose Delete a service in the Delete a Google service section.
- Optionally, select Download Data if you want to save your YouTube data before you permanently delete your account. You can check or uncheck the list of Google services you currently have for downloading data. You are also able to select the file type and delivery method.
- Choose the trash can icon that appears beside YouTube. You may be asked to sign in to your account for verification again.
- Choose I want to permanently delete my content to delete your YouTube account and all of its content.
- Check the box to confirm to Google that you understand what is being deleted and then select Delete My Content.
That is it on YouTube Login – How to Delete Your YouTube Account – Close YouTube Account.
I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!